Thursday, September 22, 2011

Change-up

Well, I decided to change my blog and just make it about general stuff about what is going on with me.  I hope that I will post more often and with informative and interesting stuff.  Please feel free to leave comments.

One thing I have been wanting to talk about is burger joints.  I really like a great burger.  I am not talking about fast food joints, I am talking about places known for their burgers.   My Father must have passed the gene down because he did too.  AND what is funny is that I am not a total meat person, but a good burger just is like nothing else. 

So I am posting the results of my most recent inquiries into burger joints.  I am limiting this particular posting to places in Texas.

#1 Mighty Fine Burgers and Fries - http://mightyfineburgers.com/#/home
So far this joint has topped the list.  The burgers are basic, but good.  There is the standard variety of fixins to complete you burger, though mine kept simple-pickles and ketchup.  The ordering process is a bit different. You feel a bit like cattle being driven through the maze of gates, especially on the extremely busy weekends.  When you arrive at the order area, the staff is always courteous, asking how things are going and if you are having a "mighty fine" day.
One of the draws for the kids is the hand washing station.  It is very unique and you can even get a sticker showing your completion of the process.  I honestly look forward to bringing out of towners (with kids) to show the place off sometime.
I also have to congratulate the fries. The fries are cut on premises from real potatoes and cooked in peanut oil.  I also love the fact that they have sea salt on the tables to season the fries, along with other interesting seasoning choices.  One order of fries easily feeds two people for your info, too.
So about the actual location- it is kind of like having a picnic.  My vote for best location is the Round Rock location because of its semi outside seating area.  That is always where I sit when I frequent Mighty Fine. There are actually three choices of seating -inside (boring), semi outside (best) and outside (second best).
I have to say the huge crowds are a good indication that this place is a hit.  I will suggest it to any person who can appreciate a decent burger and doesn't appreciate the same old fast food places.

Next Burger location coming soon!

No comments: